Handbooks for a variety of Cleaning,Â DisinfectionÂ and sterilisation including: Surgical instruments, Office-based practice, guidelines for dental surgeries, and Podiatry Practices.
Handbooks are available for the following specialties in private practice:
Infection Control Procedures, and Standards for Office-based practices.
AS/NZS4815:2006 in simple language
Each one of the handbooks is written in â€œplain Englishâ€ and are intended to act as a quick reference for the day-to-day activities carried out in all surgeries/facilities. All of the information contained within these handbooks is based on AS/NZS4815:2006
Topics covered include:
- Work Flow principles
- Cleaning/Cleaning Agents
- Thermal and ChemicalÂ Disinfection
- Packaging methods and materials
- Operation of a Steriliser
- Disinfection and sterilisation of surgical instruments
- Validation & Monitoring the Process
- Storage and Shelf life
- Policies and procedures